US tax returns
U.S. citizens are legally required to file a tax return every year, even if you are not living in the U.S. anymore. Expatax can assist you with preparing and filing the state and federal tax returns. We work with a fully qualified and very experienced CPA in the Netherlands. This means that your tax returns can be prepared here so there’s no need to send anything abroad.
US tax procedure
- Click the button below to start the procedure, it will take you to our U.S. tax documents page where you will be able to download the forms you need to fill out.
- Complete the client questionnaire for the year you want your tax return done for. Gather your tax documents. Print and sign the engagement letter. Upload the documents to your portal account.
- Once we have received your paperwork and the signed engagement letter, we will begin preparation of your tax return. You can expect to be contacted as soon as possible if we require additional information or documentation.
- When the tax return is completed it will be uploaded to your portal account. You will be able to review your return. If you approve of the return as prepared for you then you will sign Form 8879 (e-file authorization) and upload it to your portal account.
- Your tax return will be submitted electronically to the IRS.