US tax returns
U.S. citizens are legally required to file a tax return every year, even if you are not living in the U.S. anymore. Expatax can assist you with preparing and filing the state and federal tax returns. We work with a fully qualified and very experienced CPA in the Netherlands. This means that your tax returns can be prepared here so there’s no need to send anything abroad.
US tax procedure
- Click the button below to start the procedure, it will take you to our U.S. tax documents page where you will be able to download the forms you need to fill out.
- Complete the client questionnaire for the year you want your tax return done for. Gather your tax documents. Print and sign the engagement letter.
- Once we have received your paperwork and the signed engagement letter, we will begin preparation of your tax return. You can expect to be contacted as soon as possible if we require additional information or documentation.
- When the tax return is completed, a secured draft PDF copy will be e-mailed to the email address you provided. Attached to this email will be Form 8879 (which authorizes us to electronically submit your tax return). If there are no comments, questions or changes to be made to the tax return you will sign Form 8879 and return to us by email, fax or regular mail. Your tax return will be prepared for electronic submission.
- Your tax return will be submitted and you will receive confirmation of IRS acceptance. At this point you will also receive your finalized PDF copy of the tax return.