Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

What is the procedure when I want to register my UK Limited Company in the Netherlands?


I would like to register a UK already existing Limited company in the Netherlands. The company belongs to me and I already live in the Netherlands.

I would like to enquire about the procedure I should follow in order to prepare all the documentation I need to provide to the Chamber of Commerce (KVK).


A UK limited company with a presence in the Netherlands must be registered in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce. If the company would have no presence here since there is not an address in the Netherlands and the company only recruits employees to the work in the Netherlands, registration with the Chamber of Commerce would not be necessary, but the company would have to be registered with the tax authorities as a foreign employer.

Procedure for registering the limited company.

The company will have to be registered and also the directors of the company. Forms will have to be filed and documents will need to be handed over to the Chamber of Commerce.

Expatax can help you with this procedure. Attached you will find a short questionnaire which you can complete to start the procedure.

Proof of registration of the Limited Company in the UK

To proof that the Limited Company is registered in the UK, you will have to provide one of the following documents certified by the Companies House:

  • a 'certificate of good standing' stating the information about the directors;
  • a 'current appointments report' or a 'electronic statement' stating the information about the directors.

These documents should maximum be one month old. You can request these documents at the Companies House in Cardiff, Edinburgh, London, Belfast or Gibraltar


Besides that you also have to hand over the following deeds to the Chamber of Commerce:

  1. a copy of the 'certificate of incorporation' certified by the director and if applicable a 'certificate of change of name'.
  2. a copy of the 'memorandum of association' and the 'articles of association' certified by the director. If these documents refer to the 'Table A', then you will also have to hand over this Table A.

The Chamber of Commerce may require an "apostille". This is a document which confirms that the deeds are real.


For the registration of the company the Dutch registration forms of the Chamber of Commerce will have to be used. The proof of registration, the copies of the deed and articles of association and the year accounts can be provided in Dutch, English, German or French.

Annual accounts

After the Limited Company is registered you will have to deposit the year accounts each year with the Chamber of Commerce. This can be the accounts which you have also deposited in the UK with the Companies House. If the accounts are prepared in the Netherlands since all the activities take place in the Netherlands, a template can be used to convert the Dutch accounts into a format which can be used for the Companies House. The accountants of Expatax can assist you with the Dutch accounts and the version required by the Companies House.


Attached Files (2)
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Can I choose a business name myself?
Viewed 2514 times since Sat, Nov 5, 2011
Which criterias do non EU-nationals have to fullfil in order to get a work permit or to open their own business?
Viewed 6435 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
I am Japanese and want to set up a company in NL
Viewed 1461 times since Thu, Oct 22, 2015
What is a limited partnership (CV - Commanditaire Vennootschap)?
Viewed 13610 times since Fri, Nov 16, 2012
I received a letter from Graydon after I registered my business. What does it say?
Viewed 1263 times since Wed, Sep 30, 2015
What is important when I am looking for a business premises?
Viewed 5518 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
Moving my company to the Netherlands
Viewed 3156 times since Thu, Apr 4, 2013
Which insurances may I need for my business?
Viewed 4204 times since Tue, Dec 6, 2011
Can I set up a business while being employed?
Viewed 3191 times since Thu, Apr 17, 2014