Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

What is an M form?

I am requested to file an M form. What is it?
An M form is filed in the year of migration. The M stands for Migration. This is a more complicated form since it combines a resident period with a non resident period. At the moment it is the only form which still needs to be filed on paper.
For more information see
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
I moved to and from the Netherlands in the same year. Which tax form should I file?
Viewed 2116 times since Fri, Mar 7, 2014
Can I object against a tax assessment which I have received?
Viewed 13616 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
Aangifte 2012 m
Viewed 4156 times since Thu, Jul 18, 2013
Tax return
Viewed 2511 times since Thu, Dec 6, 2012
I did not register in the Netherlands and am not insured here. Can I still apply for a tax refund?
Viewed 9658 times since Wed, Feb 29, 2012
What are the benefits of fiscal partnership?
Viewed 26170 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
Request for a "voorlopige teruggaaf" filed by mistake
Viewed 5440 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013
Is it possible to file a tax claim for the last three years?
Viewed 3790 times since Thu, May 30, 2013
Where should I file a tax return if I pay tax in Holland but social security in Portugal?
Viewed 16548 times since Thu, May 30, 2013
What is the exchange rate I have to use to declare foreign income in my Dutch tax return?
Viewed 3782 times since Wed, Feb 13, 2013