Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

What form do I need to register for healthcare in the country where I live if I am insured elsewhere?

You will need a so called S1 form.

The S1 form allows you to register for healthcare if you live in an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland but you are insured in a different one of these countries.

This is typically the case of pensioners retiring abroad. It can also be useful for members of the family of migrant workers who have stayed in their country of origin but are now covered by the social security insurance of the country where their family member now works.

It corresponds to the old E106, E109, E120 and E121 forms.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
There are no related articles for this article.