Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

What form do I need to certify periods of insurance in other countries to claim unemployment benefits)?

You will need the so called U1 form.

The U1 form certifies your periods of insurance in another EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland that will be taken into account for the calculation of unemployment benefits.

You can obtain it from the national employment service of the last country or countries where you worked and you should submit it to the national employment service of the country where you wish to apply for benefits. In the Netherlands you will need to contact the UWV.

The U1 form corresponds to the old E301 form.

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Brochure: Redundancy in the Netherlands. What are your rights?
Viewed 11403 times since Sat, Dec 17, 2011
Do I get any benefit if I became unemployed voluntary?
Viewed 2076 times since Mon, Oct 20, 2014
Can I claim unemployment benefit?
Viewed 2463 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011