What are the public holidays in the Netherlands in 2013?
- New Year's Day (nieuw jaar): Tuesday January 1
- Good Friday (goede vrijdag): Friday March 29 (not mandatory for the employer to give a day off)
- Easter Sunday (paaszondag - eerste paasdag): Sunday March 31
- Easter Monday (paasmaandag - tweede paasdag): Monday April 1
- Queen's day (koninginnedag): Tuesday April 30
- Liberation day (bevrijdingsdag): Sunday May 5 (not mandatory for the employer to give a day off, depends on central agreement)
- Ascension Day (hemelvaart): Thursday May 9
- First Pentecost Day (eerste pinksterdag): Sunday May 19
- Second Pentecost Day (tweede pinksterdag): Monday May 20
- First Christmas Day (eerste kerstdag): Wednesday December 25
- Second Christmas Day (tweede kerstdag): Thursday December 26
If the public holiday is a mandatory day off the employer will have to continue to pay the salary for this day.