Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Tax declaration: When can I file it when I leave the Netherlands this year?


I was wondering if you could maybe help me with my tax declaration.

My situation is the following:

I‘m moving from The Netherlands to the UK permanently on the 1st of December officially. I‘ve been working full time for an Amsterdam based company the whole year, but I had a two months vacation without salary in April/June. My contract terminates at the end of November.

I assume I can already get some money back from the Belastingdienst because of the missing months, but there‘s some more: I did some freelancing a few years ago and this year the Belastingdienst suddenly thought that I‘d do it again and made me pay quite some money (around 800 euros i believe) in advance. I‘m quite sure I can get that money back too.

I‘d like to take care of all these issues as soon as possible, so would you be able to help me perhaps? If so, how much would that cost?


We can certainly help you with your tax return. You should indeed get some money back (raised with the provisional tax assessment you already paid).

For 2015 you will have to file an M form.

In the Netherlands it is only possible to file the tax return after the tax year has ended. So from Q1 2016 the 2015 tax return can be prepared by us.

For our procedure see

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
What is an M form?
Viewed 13871 times since Thu, Nov 3, 2011
Should the kinderbijslag be reported in my tax return?
Viewed 3194 times since Thu, Apr 11, 2013
I would like to have my tax return for 2011 be completed by Expatax.
Viewed 4119 times since Tue, Feb 14, 2012
Can I object against a tax assessment which I have received?
Viewed 14142 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
What type of tax forms are available?
Viewed 2973 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
The tax authorities fined me for not filing a tax return, but did I have to file one at all?
Viewed 6750 times since Thu, Feb 16, 2012
I moved to and from the Netherlands in the same year. Which tax form should I file?
Viewed 2337 times since Fri, Mar 7, 2014
Tax return for non resident working as freelancer for a Dutch company, mostly outside NL
Viewed 6977 times since Thu, Nov 8, 2012
How to declare foreign joint accounts in the Dutch tax return?
Viewed 7369 times since Tue, Apr 16, 2013