Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

I would like to know the status of my tax return


I had submitted my 2012 tax return through a tax consultant, but I am yet to get any update from him regarding the tax return, whether I have a tax refund or do I need to pay any tax. Hence please let me know if I can get the status from the tax department directly.
If a tax consultant prepared your tax return then you should have received a report showing the result. Expatax offers every client a full report in English providing detailed information about the calculations, deductions etc. so that it is clear whether a tax refund or a tax claim can be expected. You may want to contact your tax consultant again to get a report. You can also call the tax authorities, but this may be a challenge since the tax authorities do not speak English over the phone, which unfortunately, is standard policy. You may want to ask a Dutch speaking person to call the tax authorities on your behalf (BSN and date of birth will be asked).
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Tax return - no form has been mailed yet
Viewed 1876 times since Thu, Apr 4, 2013
When can I expect to receive my tax refund?
Viewed 8654 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
Aangifte 2012 m
Viewed 3600 times since Thu, Jul 18, 2013
Will I receive my tax refund before July 1 if I file my M form before April 1?
Viewed 5695 times since Tue, Feb 28, 2012
Tax declaration: When can I file it when I leave the Netherlands this year?
Viewed 1876 times since Wed, Oct 21, 2015
Where should I file a tax return if I pay tax in Holland but social security in Portugal?
Viewed 16047 times since Thu, May 30, 2013
What are the tax rates in the Netherlands?
Viewed 12582 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
When will I receive the final tax assessment from the Dutch tax authorities?
Viewed 2449 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013
What type of tax forms are available?
Viewed 2172 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
Request for a "voorlopige teruggaaf" filed by mistake
Viewed 4823 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013