Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

I moved to and from the Netherlands in the same year. Which tax form should I file?


I moved to Holland on March 8th 2013 and began working in June until my departure on December 29, 2013. My question is basically what form do I use, or whether I can use the online program? Also what would you charge to deal with this headache for me and just acquire some money? I don‘t have much time left as taxes are due on April 1st and I haven‘t done anything for it.


Since you lived in the Netherlands part of the year an M form will have to be filed. This form is only available on paper, the online program is not able to file an M form. For the M form the deadline is July 1st instead of April 1st, but if you haven't been invited to file a tax return then a deadline is not applicable, in that case it is up to you when you file the tax return, but within a period of 5 years after the end of the tax year.

Expatax can help you with the M form.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
What are the tax rates in the Netherlands?
Viewed 12585 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
How to declare foreign joint accounts in the Dutch tax return?
Viewed 6177 times since Tue, Apr 16, 2013
Should the kinderbijslag be reported in my tax return?
Viewed 2169 times since Thu, Apr 11, 2013
Filing NL tax return while living in Qatar and entitled to future Dutch pension
Viewed 645 times since Fri, Oct 16, 2015
Tax relief for a mortgage after emigration from the Netherlands
Viewed 19950 times since Wed, Jan 29, 2014
I pay premiums into a long term savings plan. Which value should I declare under the savings in Box 3?
Viewed 3507 times since Tue, Jun 25, 2013
Aangifte 2012 m
Viewed 3601 times since Thu, Jul 18, 2013
What are the benefits of fiscal partnership?
Viewed 20613 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
Travel with own car is tax deductable or not?
Viewed 3195 times since Fri, Aug 30, 2013