Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

I forgot to file a tax return. Can I still file one?

I forgot to file a tax return in a previous year. Can I still file a tax return for that year?
It is possible to file a tax return for the previous 5 years. So in 2015 you can file a tax return for the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The 2010 tax return should be received by the tax authorities the latest on December 31, 2015.
If you are not sure whether you have to file a tax return please have a look at the information provided in the following link:
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
M form deadline has passed , what to do ?
Viewed 3622 times since Mon, Feb 24, 2014
Can I get a time extension for filing my Dutch tax return?
Viewed 2389 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
M form not received - do I need it to file a tax return?
Viewed 1346 times since Wed, Apr 2, 2014
What is the deadline for filing a tax return?
Viewed 8520 times since Thu, Nov 3, 2011
Can I file a tax return if I only have a sofinumber and not a BSN?
Viewed 3422 times since Thu, Feb 21, 2013
Bank savings and 30% ruling. Foreign bank accounts. What to declare?
Viewed 15780 times since Mon, Jan 16, 2012
What is the so called WOZ value of my house?
Viewed 33036 times since Sun, Nov 20, 2011
Dutch tax refund
Viewed 2478 times since Thu, Aug 7, 2014
Will I get a fine if I don’t file my tax return in time?
Viewed 2268 times since Sun, Dec 11, 2011