I am receiving a provisional refund every month. Can I change it?
Yes, it is possible to change the monthly refund.
If your situation changes during the course of the year
If your situation changes in any way during the year, a new request for a provisional refund can be submitted. The tax authorities will then adjust the amount of the provisional refund.
Your situation may change, for example:
- as a consequences of a move
- because you receive income that is not subject to payroll tax (such as alimony, freelance income, income derived from trade or business), or
- if your status changes from a single parent to a partner for tax purposes during the course of the year.
This request will replace the previous filed request (which may have been filed several years ago). The amount of the new total provisional refund will be settled with the amounts you have already received during the year from the tax authorities.
Cancel a provisional refund
If you wish to stop the provisional refund, you should notify the tax authorities.
In the following situations, you must always notify the tax authorities:
- if you are no longer in receipt of income in the Netherlands that is subject to payroll tax;
- if the amount of your deductible items is reduced by a minimum of € 5,445.
If your name or address on the form is incorrect or incomplete
The form states your name and address as they are listed in the tax authorities records. If this information is incorrect or incomplete or you wish to change it, you must notify in writing the tax office to which you are subject. However, the tax authorities are linked to the register of the municipalities. So it is important that you are properly registered at the local town hall.
Expatax can file a request for a provisional refund for you.