Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Dutch tax refund


I worked in Holland in 2014 and have paid tax that I hear I can claim back. Can you please tell me how I can do this as I don‘t have a tax calculation. I am based back in the UK and need to find out, thanks.


You may indeed be entitled to a refund, see To be able to claim a refund a tax return needs to be filed. Expatax can help you with the tax return.

To be able to file a tax return you will need the year end statement (which is sent to you by your former employer towards the end of January) or we can use the last payslip you received (assuming that it contains the cumulative amounts for all the salary you received from your employer in 2014).

You can find our procedure on

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Dutch tax authorities threaten with jail when the income tax return is repeatedly not filed.
Viewed 2598 times since Wed, Jun 13, 2012
Sofi number deactivation - do I need to deactivate my sofinumber if I won‘t be in the #Netherlands?
Viewed 5515 times since Wed, Feb 29, 2012
Timeframe tax refund
Viewed 3268 times since Mon, May 14, 2012
I forgot to file a tax return. Can I still file one?
Viewed 3180 times since Sun, Dec 11, 2011
Will I get a fine if I don’t file my tax return in time?
Viewed 2262 times since Sun, Dec 11, 2011
Can I file a tax return if I only have a sofinumber and not a BSN?
Viewed 3413 times since Thu, Feb 21, 2013
What is the so called WOZ value of my house?
Viewed 32998 times since Sun, Nov 20, 2011
Bank savings and 30% ruling. Foreign bank accounts. What to declare?
Viewed 15719 times since Mon, Jan 16, 2012
What is the deadline for filing a tax return?
Viewed 8500 times since Thu, Nov 3, 2011
Will my employer take care of my personal income tax return or will I have to do it?
Viewed 5033 times since Tue, Dec 13, 2011