Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Can I claim unemployment benefit?

If you become unemployed in the Netherlands and you have been paying Dutch social security premiums you may be entitled to unemployment benefit. Register with your local "Centrum voor Werk & Inkomen", they can help you with requesting unemployment benefits.
If you were receiving unemployment benefit in another EU country for at least 4 weeks before you left that country, you may continue to claim it for up to 3 months whilst you seek work in the Netherlands. This is provided you register for work with the Centrum voor Werk & Inkomen as soon as possible after your arrival. You should inform the (foreign) office where you are claiming unemployment benefit of your intention to look for work elsewhere in the EU well in advance of your departure. If you satisfy the conditions of transfer of benefit overseas, your local office will advise the overseas branch, who will send you an e-form which you should take to the nearest Centrum voor Werk & Inkomen in The Netherlands.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed