Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Can Expatax help me file a Dutch tax return?

Of course Expatax can assist you with the preparation of your Dutch income tax return. You can find more information about our procedure on There you can get access to our client portal where you can find our questionnaire for the tax return and upload the required documents.   
After the preparation of your tax return we will send you a detailed tax report in English together with a full tax calculation for your approval. Once you have approved the tax return we will file it (electronically) for you. We will also send you the invoice for our services. More information about our fees can be found on our website.
You can also find more information about filing a tax return in our brochure: Filing a tax return in the Netherlands.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
Comments (3)
Comment by Darren Baradhan on Tue, Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Hi there! I graduated from Den Haag with a master degree in 2013 (August). I managed to secure a job in early March 2015. A friend told me that I can receive money back from the government for this reason. If it is true, can you please explain how and what is the necessary procedure? I am from Malaysia by the way. I possess a 5 year working Visa because of my partner as she is an EU citizen. Don
Comment by Jane on Sun, Mar 1st, 2015 at 8:29 PM
Hello! I am starting work in the Netherlands soon. As my business is very small, I can do the administration by myself (probably), but I would like to hire you to do the tax return at the end of the year, as I have read good things about your services.So, I wanted to ask if there is a software you would prefer your clients use to send invoices and store expenses (for deductions at the end of the year), so that when we ask for your services to fill the tax return, we have already all the documents in a format that is suitable to your needs.Thanks.
Comment by Arjan Enneman on Wed, Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:59 PM
It is possible to claim a deduction for the non reimbursed education costs, also if they were made in previous years. You will find more info under: Tax return Netherlands/Deductions/Education costs
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Aangifte 2012 m
Viewed 4099 times since Thu, Jul 18, 2013
I pay premiums into a long term savings plan. Which value should I declare under the savings in Box 3?
Viewed 4007 times since Tue, Jun 25, 2013
How to contact the Dutch tax authorities from abroad
Viewed 3283 times since Thu, Dec 6, 2012
When is the tax return due date?
Viewed 2554 times since Thu, Feb 21, 2013
Travel with own car is tax deductable or not?
Viewed 3702 times since Fri, Aug 30, 2013
Tax return for non resident working as freelancer for a Dutch company, mostly outside NL
Viewed 6561 times since Thu, Nov 8, 2012
What is the exchange rate I have to use to declare foreign income in my Dutch tax return?
Viewed 3637 times since Wed, Feb 13, 2013
I moved to and from the Netherlands in the same year. Which tax form should I file?
Viewed 2048 times since Fri, Mar 7, 2014
I am non resident but receive pension from Holland, do I have to declare anything to the Dutch tax authorities?
Viewed 38995 times since Fri, May 31, 2013
Income tax on scholarship
Viewed 4089 times since Sat, Mar 23, 2013