Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

What is the exchange rate I have to use to declare foreign income in my Dutch tax return?


What is the exchange rate I have to use to declare foreign income in my Dutch tax return?


If you need to convert an amount into Euros when preparing your tax return, take the exchange rate (the middle rate) that applied on the date of the income and expenses. So do not use the rate of exchange on the date you prepare your tax return.

You can find historical exchange rates on

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
When can I expect to receive my tax refund?
Viewed 8554 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
Tax return - no form has been mailed yet
Viewed 1819 times since Thu, Apr 4, 2013
Tax relief for a mortgage after emigration from the Netherlands
Viewed 19884 times since Wed, Jan 29, 2014
Double tax agreement implications - working in the Netherlands and in the UK at the same time
Viewed 16412 times since Thu, Feb 16, 2012
What are the tax rates in the Netherlands?
Viewed 12427 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
The tax authorities fined me for not filing a tax return, but did I have to file one at all?
Viewed 5898 times since Thu, Feb 16, 2012
Who can be fiscal partners?
Viewed 9672 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
When is the tax return due date?
Viewed 2004 times since Thu, Feb 21, 2013
Income tax on scholarship
Viewed 3089 times since Sat, Mar 23, 2013
Tax declaration: When can I file it when I leave the Netherlands this year?
Viewed 1815 times since Wed, Oct 21, 2015