Knowledge Base


Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.


What are the tax consequences of the 30% tax ruling?


Question:

I am due to move to Amsterdam and my employer believes I will qualify. Does this ruling mean that I will effectively be tax free on earnings say of € 85,000 per annum, or is 30% taken as a deduction and I pay tax on the balance? If so, what would be the rate applied?

Answer:

If the 30% ruling is granted to you your employer can pay (up to) 30% of the agreed salary as a tax free allowance. The remaining 70% is taxed based on the standard tax rates (see www.expatax.nl/tax-rates.php).

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
Comments
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Name
Email
Security Code Security Code
MENU