Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Tax authorities use provisional refund to compensate other tax claims

In October 2011 the tax authorities started to compensate outstanding tax claims with the monthly provisional refund.
So this can mean that your monthly refund will be lower than in previous months. The tax authorities have the right to do this.
The tax authorities however need to consider that enough money should remain for you to be able to live. There is an income border which can't be touched by the tax authorities. This minimum income is roughly € 830 per month for single persons and € 1,190 for persons living together.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
From which date can I request a provisional refund for next year?
Viewed 9960 times since Tue, Nov 29, 2011
I am receiving a provisional refund every month. Can I change it?
Viewed 17739 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
How is the provisional refund paid out to me?
Viewed 14010 times since Mon, Feb 18, 2013
Will I receive a provisional refund on my mortgage interest if I am self employed?
Viewed 11843 times since Tue, Apr 16, 2013
Will I have to renew the provisional refund I receive every year?
Viewed 6768 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
How is the provisional refund calculated when partners bought a house together?
Viewed 13786 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
Request for a "voorlopige teruggaaf" filed by mistake
Viewed 4744 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013