Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

Should the kinderbijslag be reported in my tax return?


We brought our 2 children over from South Africa in August 2012. I applied for Kinderbijslag and in 2012 received 1 payment from the SVB. Should I declare this on the tax return?


Kinderbijslag is a tax free benefit. The SVB doesn't withhold tax at source and you don't have to report it in your tax return either. The benefit is paid from the general means.

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
How long do I have to keep my financial administration?
Viewed 4189 times since Sun, Dec 11, 2011
Within which time span will the tax authorities have to send me a tax assessment?
Viewed 4081 times since Sun, Dec 11, 2011
General Child Benefit Act
Viewed 2146 times since Thu, Nov 15, 2012
Is it time to file your 2013 tax return in the Netherlands?
Viewed 1988 times since Thu, Jan 9, 2014
My partner has no income, is she entitled to a refund or tax credit?
Viewed 19932 times since Tue, Dec 13, 2011
Is it possible to file a tax claim for the last three years?
Viewed 3057 times since Thu, May 30, 2013
Money Transfer from my UK account to my NL Account
Viewed 1439 times since Sat, Feb 28, 2015
Tax assessment for 2014 may be higher than expected
Viewed 2541 times since Fri, Feb 20, 2015
Is paying the college education cost of my son considered a (taxable) gift?
Viewed 2031 times since Thu, Dec 10, 2015
Protective assessment upon emigration
Viewed 7742 times since Fri, Feb 21, 2014