Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

I will change address. How can I inform the tax authorities?

Submitting a change of address

Private (resident) individuals

You do not need to submit a change of address to the tax authorities. If you change address, you notify your municipal authority. The tax authorities use the municipal authority's data, and is thus automatically updated on your change of address.

Please note:

If you wish to use a postal address that is not the same as your home address, you need to send a letter to the tax office that handles your tax affairs.


As a business owner, you must notify the Chamber of Commerce of your change of address. The Chamber of Commerce will forward the information to the tax authorities.

Please note:

It is possible that you have a postal address that is not the same as the address where your business is located. In some cases the tax authorities do send post, such as a final notice or user name and password, to your business location.


If you are a non-resident, you can use a special form to submit a change of address. This form can be found here


If you are a client of Expatax please also inform us about your change of address.

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
Comments (2)
Comment by bloemers on Fri, Apr 25th, 2014 at 6:29 AM
ik woon in indonesie en moet belasting betalen in nederland mijn vraag is: waarom is deze site niet in het nederlands mijn is geen 100% en het meeste van deze site is voor mij aba kadabra. dus niet te volgen !!!!!!!!
Comment by arjan enneman on Thu, Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Deze knowledge base wordt bijgehouden door Expatax, een belastingadvieskantoor, gericht op buitenlandse expats. Voor informatie in Nederlands van de belastingdienst zie
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Can I apply for the 30% ruling if I have a foreign employer?
Viewed 2736 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
Can I get a copy of the Dutch tax assessments for previous years?
Viewed 595 times since Fri, Nov 6, 2015
Is child maintenance deduction compatible with childcare allowance
Viewed 11275 times since Thu, Feb 7, 2013
I see an amount of interest on the tax assessment I have received. Can you explain this?
Viewed 3129 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
Transfer tax structurally reduced to 2%
Viewed 2401 times since Thu, Jun 14, 2012
My partner has no income, is she entitled to a refund or tax credit?
Viewed 18008 times since Tue, Dec 13, 2011
Do I need to pay tax on maintenance or alimony which I received from my ex-partner?
Viewed 2950 times since Wed, Nov 14, 2012
Are certain assets exempted from taxation in Box 3?
Viewed 13720 times since Wed, Oct 24, 2012
What is a non resident taxpayer?
Viewed 10398 times since Fri, Nov 25, 2011
What is the tax rate if I get a part time position?
Viewed 4234 times since Wed, Feb 13, 2013