Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

I have just received an email from the Dutch tax authorities. Subject: Uw aangifte inkomstenbelasting indienen.

I have just received an email from the Dutch tax authorities. What do they want from me?
Subject: Uw aangifte inkomstenbelasting indienen.

U moet uw aangifte inkomstenbelasting voor het sofinummer 123456789 over het jaar 2011 indienen.

You have received an invitation from the tax authorities to file your income tax return for the year 2011. Normally these invitations are sent by post, but apparently they have your email address in their system and use that instead. This happens in case you are registered with the tax authorities as a business owner through their website for filing VAT returns.
So not everybody receives these emails. But you have received it, which means action must be taken with respect to your tax return. Standard deadline for the 2011 tax return is April 1, 2012. Expatax can extend this deadline with one year under the special agreement we have with the tax authorities.
If you have received such email, please forward it to us: info(at) to start the procedure.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
I would like to have my tax return for 2011 be completed by Expatax.
Viewed 3314 times since Tue, Feb 14, 2012
How to declare foreign joint accounts in the Dutch tax return?
Viewed 6090 times since Tue, Apr 16, 2013
Income tax on scholarship
Viewed 3076 times since Sat, Mar 23, 2013
I moved to and from the Netherlands in the same year. Which tax form should I file?
Viewed 1507 times since Fri, Mar 7, 2014
Do I have to declare the salary I earned in the UK after I left the Netherlands?
Viewed 2436 times since Fri, Feb 7, 2014
Can I object against a tax assessment which I have received?
Viewed 12294 times since Fri, Nov 4, 2011
Request for a "voorlopige teruggaaf" filed by mistake
Viewed 4740 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013
What type of tax forms are available?
Viewed 2114 times since Mon, Nov 28, 2011
I am non resident but receive pension from Holland, do I have to declare anything to the Dutch tax authorities?
Viewed 38284 times since Fri, May 31, 2013
What is an M form?
Viewed 9770 times since Thu, Nov 3, 2011