Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

How can I submit or change a foreign bank account number?

Submitting or changing a foreign account number

Do you live outside the Netherlands and do you want to submit or change a foreign account number? In that case, you should send the tax authorities a letter containing the following information:
  • your name
  • your address, postcode and town, country
  • your citizen service number/tax and social insurance number
  • your signature
  • your new IBAN (account number)
  • name of the account holder
  • BIC code
  • name, town and country of the bank


Send your letter to:
Belastingdienst/Centrale administratie
Unit 2 Betalingen afdeling BBR
Postbus 9055
7300 GT Apeldoorn

Include a copy of your passport and a copy of the most recent foreign bank statement so that the tax authorities know that it is your request and your bank account. But still the tax authorities can require more proof or won't process the request. The request sometimes has to be sent 3 times before a change is made by the tax authorities. 

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Are certain assets exempted from taxation in Box 3?
Viewed 13729 times since Wed, Oct 24, 2012
How can I pay a tax assessment from the tax authorities? I am outside the Netherlands.
Viewed 10052 times since Thu, Jun 14, 2012
Taxation of second home in the Netherlands and income related to it
Viewed 2351 times since Thu, Jan 22, 2015
Capital gains tax on property sale
Viewed 3154 times since Thu, Apr 12, 2012
I spend 80% of my time outside the Netherlands for work. Can I get a refund in NL?
Viewed 2389 times since Thu, Nov 7, 2013
Taxation of 13th month, holiday allowance and pension fund
Viewed 10178 times since Thu, Sep 5, 2013
Dutch taxes on foreign (US) accounts
Viewed 5182 times since Sat, Dec 8, 2012
Life insurance in France: taxed in Box 3 or Box 1?
Viewed 2594 times since Thu, Nov 8, 2012
I see an amount of interest on the tax assessment I have received. Can you explain this?
Viewed 3131 times since Sun, Nov 27, 2011
Transfer tax structurally reduced to 2%
Viewed 2405 times since Thu, Jun 14, 2012