Knowledge Base

Welcome to the Expatax Knowledge Base containing hundreds of answers to questions we received about topics concerning tax, payroll, accounting, legal, business etc. related to the Netherlands. Search in our Knowledge Base or browse the different categories. Expatax is a Dutch tax and accounting firm specialized in assisting international workers, freelancers and companies. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or check our website.

How can I pay a tax assessment from the tax authorities? I am outside the Netherlands.

Payments to the tax authorities can be made to the payment administration of the tax office in Apeldoorn ("Belastingdienst Apeldoorn").
Bankaccount: 2445588 (less than 10 digits since it used to be a Dutch giro account, you can also put 3 zero's in front if necessary)

IBAN-number: NL86INGB0002445588

BIC/Swift-code: INGBNL2A
When you make a payment do not forget to mention the correct amount (so including all possible costs) and the payment number ("betalingskenmerk"). The payment number is mentioned on the check ("accept giro") which is attached to the tax assessment. If you don't have it you can calculate the number from the tax assessment number on The calculator is unfortunately only available in Dutch. Choose "Uw betalingskenmerk", type your BSN/sofinumber, followed by the capital character and then the remaining numbers.
If it doesn't work out at least mention the tax assessment number ("aanslagnummer") which you will find on the tax assessment. This is the number which starts with your tax number followed by a capital character and some numbers. Provide as much info as possible. If the tax authorities can not match your payment they will put it aside for later investigation and continue with the collection procedure.
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Security Code Security Code
Related Articles RSS Feed
Request for a "voorlopige teruggaaf" filed by mistake
Viewed 4741 times since Thu, Mar 14, 2013
Tax rate and tax brackets in the Netherlands - how is tax calculated?
Viewed 14947 times since Tue, Feb 14, 2012
New mortgage rules in 2014 - tax and legal consequences
Viewed 9830 times since Thu, Jan 9, 2014
Levensloop / life cycle savings - should I decide to take the whole amount as a lump sum now?
Viewed 1233 times since Fri, Jan 23, 2015
Can I apply for the 30% ruling if I have a foreign employer?
Viewed 2895 times since Wed, Mar 21, 2012
Dutch taxes on foreign (US) accounts
Viewed 6860 times since Sat, Dec 8, 2012
Tax for married people. Will tax on my income be higher if my partner finds a job?
Viewed 1434 times since Mon, Oct 20, 2014
Capital gains earned with the sale of property outside the Netherlands
Viewed 49545 times since Thu, Jun 20, 2013
What is the so called WOZ value of my house?
Viewed 31322 times since Sun, Nov 20, 2011
My partner has no income, is she entitled to a refund or tax credit?
Viewed 20719 times since Tue, Dec 13, 2011